White Chocolate Style Raspberry Tart
- May 21, 2021
No added sugar, gluten-free, and the perfect treat for a summer night!
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 5 tablespoons granular erythritol (Swerve) (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon can sub for sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, optional
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks (the butter needs to be cold!)
FOR THE FILLING
- 3 ounces raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 4 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces Lily's White Chocolate Style Baking Chips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1-4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, optional
- pinch of kosher salt
- Raspberries, white chocolate drizzle, edible flowers for garnish (optional!)
Preheat your oven to 350F. Add all the ingredients for the crust to a large bowl. Knead with your hands, or use a food processor to work the dough. Its okay if there are still small chunks of cold butter in the dough. Press into a greased tart pan or dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Set aside to cool for at least 15 minutes.
Warm your heavy cream gently in a sauce pan with your raspberries. Cook slowly and keep the heat on low to avoid boiling (and curdling). Use a wooden spoon or masher to mash your raspberries as they soften. This should take roughly 7-10 minutes. Strain raspberries and cream mixture through a metal sieve into a mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, heat white chocolate chips gently with butter either in the microwave or in a double boiler. We like to heat in 15-20 second intervals in the microwave at full power, stirring often. After white chocolate is melted, stir continuously until smooth. Combine the raspberry cream mixture and the white chocolate and butter mixture, whish until smooth.
Stir in optional lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt, whisk until smooth. Add the filling to the crust, then refrigerate until set about 2 hours. Garnish with white chocolate drizzle, raspberries, and edible flowers if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe from Afullliving