White Chocolate Style Panna Cotta
- Sep 28, 2020
With boozy fig compote! Keto-friendly.
FOR PANNA COTTA
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 6 ounces buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 3 gelatin sheets, soak in cold water 5 mins to soften, gently wring out excess water
- 1 vanilla bean, split and beans scraped
- 8 ounces half and half
- 1/2 cup monk fruit golden granules
- 4 ounces Lily's White Chocolate Style Baking Chips
FOR BOOZY FIG COMPOTE
- 1 pound fresh figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar sweetener alternative
- 1 pinch pink salt
- 3 ounces Lily's Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
In a medium saucepan combine the cream, half and half, monk fruit granules, and scraped vanilla bean. Stir over low heat until the granules dissolve (do not boil). Add in the gelatin sheets and continue to stir until they dissolve completely. Then, add in the white chocolate chips and stir to dissolve.
Remove from the heat and stir in the salt and buttermilk. Ladle 4 ounces into the ramekins or small 4-ounce mason jars. Chill for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
For the compote, add the coarsely chopped figs and all other ingredients (minus the dark chocolate) into a saucepan, then bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes until syrupy. Remove from heat and chill.
Before serving, melt the dark chocolate, then spoon a generous serving of fig compote over the tops and drizzle with melted chocolate.
Recipe from maxloveproject and Chef Catherine McKnight.