- Dec 02, 2021
These peppermint blondies have all the holiday sweetness without all the sugar. These Christmas bars are ready in 30 minutes and the perfect holiday treat!
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup stevia baking sugar
- ¼ cup (50 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ cup Lily’s Peppermint White Chocolate Style Baking Chips
- ½ cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 2 Tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- ¼ cup Lily’s Peppermint White Chocolate Style Baking Chips for drizzle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch by 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar and stevia sugar until combined. Add egg, vanilla extract and peppermint extract and mix well. Add the flour mixture and stir just until combined (careful not to overmix). Fold in both Lily’s baking chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For white chocolate drizzle, place ¼ cup Lily’s Peppermint White Chocolate Style Baking Chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on 50% power level for 90 seconds, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. If not melted after 90 seconds, continue to microwave on 50% power level stopping and stirring until melted. Drizzle white chocolate over cooled blondies, cut and serve.
Notes: Check your stevia sugar ratio. I used a sugar substitute that was equivalent (cup for cup ratio) to regular granulated sugar.
Recipe from- Ifyougiveablondeakitchen