Double Chocolate Peppermint Muffins
- Dec 21, 2021
Add just a sprinkle of crushed peppermint and you have a sweet treat without all the sugar!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup baking sugar substitute
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind), room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup Lily’s Peppermint Flavor Baking Chips
- 1/2 cup Lily’s Semi-sweet style Baking Chips
- Crushed peppermint for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a standard muffins tin with paper liners and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar substitute, eggs, sour cream, vegetable oil, milk and peppermint extract.
Pour wet ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Add Lily’s Peppermint Flavor Baking Chips and Lily’s Semisweet Baking Chips. Stir until incorporated.
Transfer batter to prepared pan and add a sprinkle of crushed peppermint if desired.
Bake at 400 F for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out with little to no crumbs. Let muffins cool in the pan for a couple minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 14 muffins.
Recipe from Ifyougiveablondeakitchen