Chocolate Vegan Buckwheat Crepes
- Mar 01, 2019
These healthy chocolate buckwheat crepes are gluten free and filled with a dairy free vegan chocolate cream that melts in your mouth! Plus, they're also refined sugar free!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (make sure it's not toasted)
- 1 12oz can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cacao flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp ground chia or flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (for greasing pan)
FOR CHOCOLATE FILLING
- 1 large very ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup nut milk, coconut milk, or water (if using water, add in a tablespoon of coconut or nut butter for creaminess)
- 1.5 bars Lily's chocolate (melted)
- Extra melted chocolate for drizzling (add a little bit of coconut oil to help with the melting process)
In a large bowl, whisk together buckwheat flour, cacao flour, ground chia/flax seed, and sea salt.
Pour in milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until evenly mixed.
Heat a large skillet with a little coconut oil and let the oil heat up.
Reduce heat to low. Pour about 1/4 cup of the chocolate batter into the pan and spread around in a circle, about 7 inches.
Bring the pan back to medium heat and let cook for about 1 minute. Flip onto the other side and cook for about 15 seconds.
Remove from pan and place on a large plate. Repeat for the remaining batter.
While the crepes are cooling, blend avocado and nut free milk or water together at high speed in a large food processor.
Add in remaining ingredients and blend together. The cream should be thick but goopy - resembling soft frosting!
To assemble crepes: spoon chocolate cream frosting into a small plastic bag and snip a corner.
In one crepe, squeeze line of frosting straight and near one edge of the crepe. Roll the short side of the crepe towards the long side, like you're rolling up a rug.
Repeat for the remaining crepes and drizzle with extra melted chocolate!
Recipe from thebananadiaries.