Chocolate Chip Shortbread
- Sep 11, 2018
A rich and decadent shortbread treat for everyone to enjoy!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil at room temperature
- 15 drops liquid vanilla stevia (or 1/4 teaspoon dry stevia)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 cup unbleached flour (can sub whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Lily's dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by spraying with oil or covering with parchment.
Add the coconut oil, stevia, vanilla and nondairy milk to a mixer and beat until smooth.
Mix the flour and salt together in a separate bowl. Then add to the mixer and mix until combined. The dough will be a little crumbly but should hold together if you roll a 1 tablespoon piece with your hand. Stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
Take 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll into a compact ball, move to the baking pan and flatten with your hand or the back of a spatula. Use your hands to smooth out the rough edges. Repeat for each cookie.
Cook for 10 minutes, flip over one of the cookies to see if the bottom has turned brown. If they aren't put back into the oven for 3 more minutes.